Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The newest addition to our family
















We were just blessed with our first baby. Her name is Phoenix Cassidy and we couldn't be happier. Her birth weight and height were 7.8 lbs and 20 inches. We brought her home on March 11th with my (Melanie's) parents. We quickly discovered how hard she sleeps when Zak had to rent a plumbing snake from Home Depot. It was so loud that my mom and I had to almost yell to hear eachother and Phoenix slept peacefully on my mom's lap. Since then, there have been many sleepless nights, but even more wonderful moments that help me remember how much I love being a mother. It was amazing to watch her eyesight improve. You could really tell when she was able to focus on things that got further and futher away. She is starting to smile more and more and she hardly ever wakes up crying anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you started a blog! She is such a sweet lil angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog and what an adorable baby. It is good to hear about you guys.

    ReplyDelete